My First Android Device - AT&T Pantech Burst P9070



As a Symbian user (Nokia X6 running Symbian OS v9.4  ), I was really tired of using it. Every small task took ages to complete. I decided to try out an Android device and my hunt for the best budget VFM device started. After researching for like 20-15 days on 9th February, I created a thread / topic on two popular forums ( TDF and OCF ) to get reviews from experienced users / owners. I received positive response from both forums and decided to go for Pantech Burst (Specs). It was going to be risky and my first international purchase.

 After 2-3 days (on 14th Feb) I placed an order for Burst for 7.6k INR ($134) and was told that the product will be delivered within 15-20 days. After waiting for like 15-16 days, I found a mail stating that the product is in Mumbai and it will take 3 days maximum to ship it from there but I was surprised when I found next mail stating the product is shipped (on the same day i.e. 2nd March) and it will take 2-3 days for product to get delivered. On 8th March a good friend on mine received the product and I got the device the next day ( 9th March) .


I uploaded the unboxing pics ASAP (link) . I was super excited to try out Android. I was ready with all the MOD stuff needed to root and flash recovery (CWM) for device. The next day I rooted device and flashed recovery. After playing with the stock F/W, I was disappointed due to the non removable bloatware AT&T loaded on this device. I planned to try out a Custom ROM named "Gizmolord" by ujjwalchhabraIt was a pretty good deodexed ROM which impressed me a lot. 8-9 days later I found a CyanogenMod 10.0 ROM build with camera fixed out for developers. I tried it and realized how powerful this device is for its price. Jelly Bean was super smooth on this device. As days passed, bugs got fixed, stuff got optimized and there were different ROMs like AOKP, PA, MIUI started to appear for Burst. AOKP was my favorite until I tried Slimbean ROM. Till date (8th July) Slimbean is best for me. My device is running kernel and ROM (Slimbean) by marduk191.


Pictures - ( Gallery   - Link )

 

   




















There are few folks I would really like to appreciate for keeping this device alive by spending thier time on it, they are as follows :- 

Special thanks to Devsnest for providing shelter to Burst. 
If you are a Pantech Burst owner, do join this Google Plus community.
Please ping if I missed someone's name.

Links :-

Thanks,
Pratyush (pratyush997)

Comments